COVID-19 Vaccination Programme
We started our Covid-19 vaccination program in January and we have been calling and texting or writing to eligible patients to offer an appointment. If you have received a text from us, please click the link in the text to book your appointment at our vaccine clinic at Brocklebank Health Centre. Two doses of the vaccine, up to 12 weeks apart are recommended to provide protection. We will book you in for your first appointment and contact you again nearer the time for your second.
Update 5th February 2021: We have invited all our patients who are over 70 or Clinically Extremely Vulnerable (CEV) for a COVID-19 vaccination. If you are over 70 or in the CEV group and have not heard from us you can now book your vaccination in two ways:
Please either contact us and let us have your up to date contact details so that we can arrange an appointment for your vaccination at Brocklebank Health Centre, or alternatively, to book your vaccination at another location, you can now book by visiting www.nhs.uk/covid-vaccination or ringing 119 free. You no longer need a letter.
The vaccination is only being offered by the NHS and is free. The NHS will never:
- ask you to press a button on your keypad or send a text to confirm you want the vaccine.
- ask for payment or for your bank account or card details, to pay for a vaccine or to confirm your eligibility for the vaccine.
- ask you for your PIN or banking password.
- arrive unannounced at your home to administer the vaccine – at the moment we are also not making house calls to deliver or discuss the vaccine.
- ask you to prove your identity by sending copies of personal documents such as your passport, driving licence, bills, bank account details or pay slips.
If you receive a call you believe to be fraudulent, hang up. If you believe you have been the victim of fraud or identity theft you should report this directly to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040.
PLEASE REMEMBER: IF YOU ARE ASKED TO PAY FOR THE VACCINE OR ASKED FOR YOUR BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS, IT IS A SCAM.
We will be calling patients in order of the priority list as set out by the government: the first group will be people aged over 80, and health and care workers.
Please click here for the full priority list
We will let you know when it is your turn to have the vaccine. We know lots of people will be eager to get protected but please do not to contact us to get an appointment as you will not be able to get one until you are contacted.
Published: Dec 24, 2020